Lila Streeter was a loving mother of three murdered on the 2nd of October after years of battling domestic violence in silence. Lila’s admiration for children and education drove her through all her endeavors and personal challenges. She was taken too soon at the age of 26. It is our hope that this scholarship will continue to expand Lila’s legacy of compassion and unwavering determination by supporting efforts that seek to expand, educate, and uplift local Black youth.
Lila B. Frances Streeter Memorial Scholarship
$500 book scholarship towards educational materials.
· Must be Black or African American
· Must be enrolled at an Oregon Community College or University
· Must be an Oregon Resident
· *Special consideration to mothers
· Record of community service
· Two page essay (double spaced)
All documents should be submitted in PDF format. Please email all application materials to Shaniece Curry (email@example.com) by May 29th, 2019 5pm.
1. Write a short essay that describes a Black woman who has positively impacted you and your future.
2. Share a project you developed to help support/strengthen the Black community.
To Donate to the scholarship visit the link above!